- Chicken Curry Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 small organic acorn squash, about 2 lb
- 12 oz organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp mild yellow organic curry powder
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- Sea Salt and pepper
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 C raw cream
- 1/4 C organic golden raisins
- 1/4 C chopped organic cilantro
Preheat the oven to 450 F.
Cut the squash in half. Rub it with half the oil and the salt and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Roast it in the oven until the flesh is soft and brown, about 25 minutes.
While the squash roasts, heat the remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the onion and caramelize then add the chicken, bell pepper. Saute for 3 minutes, then add the curry powder, cream, and raisins. Use a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Serve a scoop of the curry inside the roasted squash. Garnish with the cilantro.